Sunday, December 16, 2012

Scotland Part 3

Last day up north before we headed back to Edinburgh. First stop of the day after leaving our hostel was Ellie Donan's castle from another view if I'm not mistaken. Note the different shades of trees behind the lochs. So beautifullllllllllll



Next stop: The other side of the humongous Loch Ness. It's the second widest, second deepest, and second largest in terms of surface area.


Spotted Nessie! Not...
#Retard1
#Retard2




Rocks remind me of Dad's love for them. Forgotten to pick a tiny one back for him. :/

The drive back down south was a long one, but we managed a few stops in between.

Culloden battlefield
Stood in the strong winds again while listening to the history of the battle by our tour guide.
And then I spotted a field, perfect for modeling shots. That's when everyone started taking pictures, having same profile pics, cover pics etc. Lol



Tomatin whisky brewery next. Was contemplating whether we should go for it as it was 4 pounds per entrance and we weren't whisky fans except for Jasmine. Went in the end, wanted to at least give it an experience since we were already there instead of wating in the bus.


T'was pretty chilly in the room where all the barrels were stored to minimize the evaporation of the whisky.




Was given a little glass of whisky each, too strong for me and I really detest whisky. Most of our remaining whisky went to Jasmine instead. I'm more of a beer person :P 

Cheers!

Leaving a momento in the Haggis Adventure's book
Last stop for the day: my favourite one: The Hermitage. A magical forest where you can never experience it in Malaysia. It was chilly, and you could hear the sounds of the stream flowing, birds chirping while admiring the autumn leaves. Perfect and spooky!










It's as though I'm witnessing live cut-outs from www.screensaver.com. Gave such a perfect end to our trip up north of Scotland. :)

Back in Edinburgh, stayed back in Staycity apartments but this time our unit was given an upgrade? More rooms and toilets! :D 

Dinner and talks

Explored more of Edinburgh city the next day before heading back to Bristol. 




St Giles' cathedral

Too overwhelmed by the beautiful intricate carvings :')

Spotted Yoda floating on Edinburgh streets! Exceptionally tall....

Yummy yummy fudge!



Holyrood palace


Our last visit, free and entertaining!


My favourite interesting learn for the day
Wish I could bring this back for dad!

Headed back to the apartment to collect our luggages before departing for the airport.
Before checking in, fighting over chips like kids. Tsk.

Scotland was an eye opener for me, a breakaway from the usual concrete jungle, breathing fresh air, appreciating nature, being so close to a snow mountain for the first time and under the coldest weather I've been. Wore 4-5 layers everyday and it was still cold for me.

Though it was an amazing trip, I really dread going back again next year with my mother! Cause I'm gonna experience the same thing all ovAnyone wants to come along?


0 comments:

Post a Comment