Thursday, December 13, 2012

Scotland Part 2

Finally handed in my Advanced Management Accounting assignment today. Stayed up all night yesterday till 4am just to finish off the references. Seriously, it serves as a warning to me not to accumulate references till the last minute. Not blaming on my procrastination as I finished the entire assignment a day earlier, just left referencing for the last day. Oh well.

Outside our apartment



Our tour centre

Edinburgh city
Which is also available in Bristol.


My favourites
Hiking up to William Wallace monument
In the beginning, there was a tar pavement. But as you go up, it's a rocky climb and I was wearing my new boots that gave me blisters! Panted my way up!


Out of breath upon arrival but the view was worth it!

Bought postcards to send home
One of the castles


One of the 33,000 lochs in Scotland! Sooooooooo beautiful


Made our way to Glencoe mountain next, which we were expecting that it'd snow but it didn't :( It's famous for its ski resort which you have to take a cable car up to the mountain. We only traveled to its foot.


Had our lunch at this cafe

Jacket potato
Chicken burger
Venison and haggis burger. Haggis: Patty of sheep's heart, lungs and stomach :/
Our guide story-telling us the history while in the strong wind and rain


Last stop for Day 2
Paid around 5 pounds I think? for a visit to one of the houses that the people used to stay in while the history was explained to us of how people used to stay together with their animals under this tiny roof. Diseases, stench, and how their bodies were covered in soot. :/

Folding of the kilt
Warriors of the past
Dinner by the hostel: Chicken, haggis and mashed potatoes. Pretty good!
Downgraded stay for 2 nights
Breakfast next day
Castle by the loch




Waterfall on our way up to the mountain
At the River of Eternal Beauty
Following the myth of dipping your face into the river for 7 seconds, you'd turn more beautiful. Lol. Not for me!
Apparently the world's best bakery, I beg to differ though

Sending postcards home, this time I remembered to put on a stamp!
At the top of some mountain where the wind was so strong it nearly blew us off!
Shortest river flowing down as a waterfall to the sea/loch

Part 3 up next soon! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment