Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012

2012 is coming to an end in 3 days. This year has been a pretty amazing year for me as I've been through the most compared to the past few years.

Post break up, I've been hitting the gym quite often as I thought to myself, instead of moping over him and drowning in sorrows, why not improve myself and believe that I can be better off without him? So for the past 2 months or so, I've been working out for 4-5 times a week and eating clean. I hated running, but now running's the most satisfying cardio I'd do everytime I visit the gym.

Early 2012

Recent
Working out doesn't give you good results without eating clean. So I gave up the love of my carbs and ate cleaner. It was so hard because I love bread and noodles. I had to settle for wholegrain cereal and wraps instead. Sometimes grabbing a fruit made me think twice as well as it's considered carbs, partly.

But for now I'm letting loose a little cause I can't be refraining myself from eating what I love for the whole year. So some days I let loose, some days I restrain. It's all about balancing.

Stir fry cabbage with minced pork and chickpeas; an example of dinner

The peak of 2012 was a new life in UK. I want to thank my parents and I love them so bits for giving me this once in a life time opportunity that not every child can have; to study abroad. Experiencing living in another country far away from home is an eye opening experience for me while being able to travel to the nearby countries. Hope I'm able to give this privilege to my kids in the future as well.



And also being in a relationship officially while falling out of it in 2 months was another climax of my life. Though nothing to be proud of but I don't regret getting into this relationship back then. I believe that behind every cloud there's a silver lining. 

This relationship taught me a lot of things and resulted in me being stronger and wiser. If not for him, I wouldn't be embarking on my gym routine back then. So I still have to thank him in some way and giving me some beautiful memories though he completely ruined the ending of it by choosing to end it in a brutal way. 




2013's resolutions would be for a fitter me and to graduate successfully. I would want to be returning to Malaysia as an improved individual. 




Au revoir 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment