Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March

Finally handed in the last double weighted dissertation last week which I think I had 20,000+ words in total. A huge relief now I'm over and done with it, praying now that I'll do well for it! *fingers crossed* Time's passing way too quickly and it's March already?! I can still recall the day I landed over here in UK which is exactly 6 months ago. 6 months more and I'll be on that plane home, it'll be quicker than you think!

I'm sure I'll be leaving with a heavy heart as life over here has been a wonderful one. The freedom, a different environment, new friends, different culture, weather and places to visit, I wouldn't mind staying here for a wee bit longer. The thought of heading back to Malaysia really scares me with the current issues of the Lahad Datu war, snatch thefts, rape cases and political cases. Not to mention how things are so efficiently done here compared back home. You report a faulty switch and they'd get it done for you the next day!

Just sippin on some green tea right now with sun shining in on my daffodils by the window even though it's -1 outside, I really appreciate this moment now. I'm sure if I were to be back home, I would be toasted and blasting the air conditioner at its maximum capacity while taking a nap right now.


'The grass is always greener on the other side' really lives up to its name but nowhere is better than home! A little update over my past week: Caught Safe Haven right after handing up my dissertation which was mediocre in my opinion. Typical Nicholas Sparks' movie though The Vow beats it hands down. Whey Jinn's 22nd celebration at Cosmo at night with the coursemates followed by drinking session over at my place which ended up on a nauseous note for me.








Resumed eating clean after having so much junk especially since CNY. From a cheat day to cheat week to cheat month! Ughhh. Time to jump on the healthy bandwagon again. Abs come to mama!

Scrambled eggs X Strawberries X Cucumber X Green apple

Anchovy broth with chicken, mushroom and cabbage
Babybel with smoked salmon on rice cake
Grapefruit X Green tea
Cheat day lunch with the Bar students after their exam at Tikka Masala.
Sunday coffee after groceries
Baked banana cake which didn't really rise...

New found favourite!
New favourite gold collar tip haul
Attempting to do a wall mountain climbers.
Crazy weather yesterday of snow and strong wind made me turn into an eskimo
My very first blue T box which remains a mystery till I head back to Malaysia!

On a side note, after almost 3 months, I finally gave him an answer. Heh. Don't want to disclose much but all I can say is I thought that he was attractive when we had dinner with the rest on the second day I arrived in UK while we were both still attached at that time. Somehow it turned out to be a little crush. :P :P And we wouldn't have today if I never initiated a conversation which resulted us in discovering our similarities. 

To a new beginning, Xx






0 comments:

Post a Comment